Finding Funding for Your Research
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs: Tips for Seeking Funding, Preparing and Submitting Proposals, Budget Development, IRB
- The AASCU Grants Resource Center has several helpful grant-seeking resources. UNI faculty and staff can access the GRC website from anywhere on campus while logged in with their CatID.
- Grant Alerts: a tool for faculty and staff to do targeted searches applicable to their respective research interest, including numerous specific topics in education. After you indicate your areas of interest, GRC will send you funding opportunities as they become available.
- GrantSearch: Search this federal and private foundation funding opportunity database using six criteria: academic category (e.g., Education), academic subject, activity, funding sponsor, deadline month, and keywords.
- several newsletters compiling funding announcements and grant-seeking advice; learn more and subscribe here.
Doing Your Research
- SPSS: Request access to SPSS through your college’s IT contact. File a request at servicehub.uni.edu
- Statistical Consulting Center: Mark Jacobson helps faculty, staff, and students with statistical software (Excel, SurveyMonkey, R, SPSS, SAS, Minitab, etc.) and basic statistics and data analysis and research issues. Email email@example.com for an appointment.
- Qualtrics online survey software: UNI has a subscription. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
- E-mailing a survey? Contact DeWayne Purdy, Electronic Communications Manager, IT-Client Services for assistance with mailing lists and listservs: 319-273-2047, email@example.com
Sharing Your Research
- Options for Printing Research Posters
- UNI PowerPoint Templates
- You can use Google Sites, available through UNI’s Google Apps, to create a web site for your project
- Map your findings with ArcGIS! Email John DeGroote at the UNI GeoTREE Center for more info.
- “Your department will provide funds, sometimes augmented by your college, to reimburse travel for professional purposes. Work with the department secretary to process travel reimbursement requests.” (from http://www.uni.edu/provost/new-faculty-orientation/frequently-asked-ques...)
- Travel funds for students presenting at conferences: the UNI Intercollegiate Academics Fund